Red Mountain Resort & Spa, nestled in the high desert red rock bluffs of Southwestern Utah and a picturesque two-hour drive from Las Vegas, is an extraordinary fitness and wellness destination.
It features rejuvenating spa treatments, the most extensive hiking program in the Southwest and innovative programs for mind and body. Highlights include the Sagestone Spa & Salon offering more than 50 treatments and services, many including indigenous ingredients.
Specializing in outdoor adventure fitness programs for all levels, Red Mountain Resort & Spa has been named one of the top spas by Condé Nast Traveler, Fodor’s, Allure Magazine, and Forbes.com; and one of the Top Detox Spas by USA Today.
Red Mountain Resort is one of the most highly regarded wellness retreats in the world, and what truly sets this destination apart is the on-property team of dedicated experts. As the lazy days of summer unwind, Red Mountain’s trained staff is teaching guests how to easily commit to investing in lasting health and wellness long after their stay.
Red Mountain’s trusted specialists Dr. Brad Crump, Health Services Manager, Kim Watters, Fitness Manager, John Ibach, Outdoor Recreation Director, and Dr. Reema Sayegh, Holistic Nutritionist understand the challenges associated with adopting healthy habits and finding time to invest in the most important stock…yourself. With this in mind, they have teamed up to share their effective tips for achieving and maintaining life-long health and wellness.
- Set realistic and achievable goals: Commit to one or two realistic lifestyle changes at a time to avoid becoming overwhelmed. Red Mountain offers guests help with prioritizing their goals through various personalized programs including life coach sessions, metabolic and cholesterol profiles, and nutrition and detoxification assessments.
- Find an activity that you enjoy: When it comes to exercising, choose something you like to do so that you’ll stick with it. If you hate running on the treadmill, you shouldn’t choose that as your daily exercise routine. With multi-faceted activities that range from Mountain Biking to Tai Chi on the Rocks, guests are guaranteed to find a new activity they will love.
- Find a partner in crime: Partnering with a friend or family member with whom to exercise and eat well is a great way to maintain a healthy wellness routine. Red Mountain is the perfect getaway to kick-start your health journey with a loved one. The resort features several couples’ add-ons, as well as bonding activities for mothers and daughters, which include horseback riding and Zumba.
- Make time for reflection and meditation: Reflecting on successes and accomplishments is imperative to maintaining focus and consistency. Meditation is important for not only easing the mind, but for preparing for challenges ahead. Red Mountain offers a series of programs conducive to calming the mind, including Acupuncture, Reiki, mediation workshops, morning stretching and Yoga.
- Create a new habit: If you want to rid yourself of a bad habit, find a replacement so that you can approach change from a positive perspective, rather than from a place of deprivation. Offering three balanced meals daily with delicious and fulfilling options, such as Beef Sirloin and Blackberry Cobbler, Red Mountain makes it easy to select nutritious foods and avoid unnecessary snacking.
“A vacation should rejuvenate, relax, and restore a person so that he or she can return to the ‘real world’ with increased vitality and enthusiasm,” says Watters, “Red Mountain is the ideal destination to educate and inspire individuals to work toward a full wellness transformation.”